Tomorrow is a special day. But today…today, my friends, is an even specialer day.
It’s T-Man’s birthday! Aaawwwww yeah.
While he’s out and about trying to scramble to get contact lenses before he loses his dad’s health insurance (blast!), let me share with you some fun facts about T-Man (which I guess could double as reasons why I love the guy):
- Board games? This guy will kill you in them. Settlers of Catan? Wiz War? Dominion? Get ready to be crushed.
- He will kick your ass in dodgeball:
- He played a HUGE part in helping get this guy elected.
- He is blind as a bat. No significance to this fact, I just think he looks cute in his glasses.
- He’s a sharp dresser!
- Think you know a lot? Think again. T-Man listens to so many podcasts, he can spout more random facts than you could ever dream of.
- He takes his steak rare. Like a man.
- He’s as goofy as I am.
- He’s a great frickin’ wedding date. Small talk at the table full of people you don’t know? Check. Dancin’ machine? Check. Keeps your drinkin’ glass filled? Check and check.
- Best Dungeon Master ever.
- Ever heard of the Boy Scouts? T-Man practically INVENTED Boy Scouts!!!
- Speaking of Boy Scouts, T-Man earned his Eagle Scout award, the highest achievement in Boy Scouts, but turned it down because they wouldn’t let his openly gay friend get the award. That’s SOLIDARITY, yo.
- He’s from Napa. So he knows a thing or to about how to wine and dine ya!
- Homeboy might not know how to cook many things, but he makes a great sous chef.
- T-Man will show everyone up at the race tracks. He does his research, like the educated GAMBLER he is!
- Think you like hot sauce? This guy’s entire CRISPER DRAWER is reserved exclusively for hot sauce bottles. No lettuce for T-Man!!!
- He’s outdoorsy!
- When he was younger, he looked like……… someone….. hint hint, rhymes with Sherry Spotter
Happy birthday my sweet!
Last night, I made treats for T-Man’s birthday, as well as something portable to bring to our multiple Thanksgivings.
T-Man is a Rice Krispies Treat FIEND, and I’ve been telling him they’re soo easy to make. We stopped at Grocery Outlet (super cheap bargain supermarket) for ingredients, but they didn’t have any Rice Krispies, so I improvised:
As for the Thanksgiving treat, I used my family’s famous Snickerdoodle recipe and jazzed it up with the addition of…. PUMPKIN!
Here’s our Snickerdoodle assembling station. In addition to a touch of pumpkin puree being added to the dough, we rolled the cookies in not just cinnamon and sugar, but a touch of pumpkin pie spice as well 🙂
Funny story: should I still find myself blogging and living in Sacramento, I will probably be writing a post with an identical title exactly a year from now, but for a different reason. Next year, my dad’s birthday lands on Thanksgiving!
Have a great time celebrating with your friends and/or family! What food are you looking forward to the most? I can’t wait to eat French fried onion rings off of the green bean casserole all day long…